The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Learners will cover:
- anatomy and physiology including: - the heart and circulatory system - the musculoskeletal system - postural and core stability - the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- how to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- how to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- how to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
This course is designed to provide an entry level introduction to employment in the uniformed services such as the police, emergency fire services or armed forces. The course includes practical units in careers, emergency responding, forensic investigation, health and fitness, English and Mathematics, it will provide you with a range of practical experiences that will prepare you for pursuing a public services career.
The level 2 Public service course provides the ideal stepping stone into a wide range of exciting careers in the uniformed services, including the Army and police force. You will benefit from the expertise of teachers who also have backgrounds in the armed forces and other Public services.
The BTEC Public Services Level 3 course is aimed at students who would like to join either the emergency services or the armed forces. The programme of study and activities allows participants to develop a good level of awareness before deciding on their future career. he skills developed on this programme will enable learners to meet changing circumstances, whether they arise from a shift in their own sphere of employment, promotion to supervisory or management roles, or from general changes in the public services environment.